[kwlug-disc] Beginner-friendly presentation requests

Jason Eckert jason.eckert at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 09:28:28 EST 2022

I think it's important that we don't underestimate the importance of having
a newbie-friendly presentation that addresses these topics. As a teacher, I
see so many of these types of questions go unasked because people are
afraid to look dumb (of course, there is no such thing as a dumb question -
unless you are on StackOverflow).

Perhaps tackling all of these topics in a single presentation would be best
- I don't mind taking this on by creating a structure that opens with a
brief overview of Linux and open source, and leads up to the important
questions identified here. I could open with some main points to answer
each question, and members of the group could chime in to expand and add
details, as well as their own experiences and viewpoints (since there are
always many). I think it would make for a valuable presentation, and a
recording that could be referenced for new members in the future.

What do you think?