[kwlug-disc] Recent observation on finances related to current tech

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Sat Feb 19 13:16:53 EST 2022

Very current observation. Quite long thread on twitter, but every words
is non-empty: https://twitter.com/punk6529/status/1494444624630403083

I may only add that fund freezing and "financing of bad things" is what
Lukashenko has been doing these past year and a half. The civilization
recedes there quickly, precisely due to application of this control tool.

I am split. On one hand I am opposed to waste of energy by blockchain as
a tool of financing. On another, these tools today help some folks to
not die under Lukashenko's regime, literally.

It feels that we must look for non-planet-killing transactions tech,
resistant to censorship.