[kwlug-disc] 2008 iMac wifi resolving issues / Xubuntu

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 15:05:44 EST 2022

Ack sorry all... the issue appears to be the kernel driver that we
selected in the graphical "drivers" program (something like
bcmwl-kernel-source).

When I removed that driver and ran:

sudo apt install  firmware-b43-installer b43-fwcutter

Then rebooted and presto, everything is resolving fine over wifi.