[kwlug-disc] Open Source Router

Mark Steffen mark at steffen.ca
Tue Feb 8 12:55:53 EST 2022

Other options would be to use OPNsense (a fork of pfsense) along with a
QOTOM or Protectli-type box from Amazon or another retailer.  Those
Protectli boxes are specifically meant to run open source software
(pfsense or whatever as an example).  Pfsense has gone through some
changes and as a result I now prefer OPNsense for some things, it has a
lot of flexibility and if you want to run BGP, for example, it includes
Free Range Routing.  In the past I have used Mikrotik, which I like, but
are not really open source- but the BGP implementation is very poor.

Mark