[kwlug-disc] Firefox resource usage

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sun Feb 6 14:59:49 EST 2022

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 11:27 PM Chris Frey <cdfrey at foursquare.net> wrote:

> I'm hoping it's a temporary state for Firefox, and hope they have been
> working on performance in post-91.x versions.  If not, I guess my only
> recourse is to compile it myself and bust out the profilers. :-)

The latest Firefox versions are more memory hungry for the same workload.
So perhaps when you move from the ESR to a later ESR, you will see more
RAM usage. I experienced that when moving from 18.04 to 20.04 (which
was in the past month or two).

I considered going back to 91.x ESR, but the format of the databases are
all different.

Let us know when the time comes.