[kwlug-disc] Accessing recently-written NFS files

Adam Glauser adamglauser at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 07:48:38 EST 2022

> While I was trying to look up rpcdebug I ran into (what else?) the
> ArchLinux wiki:
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/NFS/Troubleshooting#Close-to-open/flush-on-close

Thanks Paul. This is not something I'd come across as of yet.

 (Apologies if this is something you have already investigated. I am aware
> you are also capable of using a search engine.)

Not capable enough it seems!

If 'mv' works after some time, then probably you may be right.

> NOTE: Depending on your current working directory, you may want to quote
> the glob, like
>      -name 'test_file*'

Thanks William, and good point on the quoting. In this instance the working
directory is mostly empty, but good practice is always worth it.