[kwlug-disc] Cloud replacement for Google Sheets

Ronald Barnes ron at ronaldbarnes.ca
Tue Aug 23 16:16:46 EDT 2022

Ronald Barnes wrote on 2022-08-23 11:50:

>> Does anybody have a
>> NextCloud instance that I can experiment with?
>
> Yup, will send you credentials separately.

Credentials have been sent.  I've set a quota of 1GB, let me know if
more is needed.

Haven't given you admin privileges, don't *think* you'll need them, but
if you need or want them, let me know.

I'd probably create a new OnlyOffice spreadsheet for the data entry,
create a share on it, set the share to editable, and supply that URL to
whomever needs to edit the data.

There's also NextCloud Office - I haven't really used that one and
probably should uninstall it.

Pull the spreadsheet down with wget or curl via that link to have copy
locally or run scripts against.

Feel free to explore the calendar (can send invitations with URLs
embedded for recipients to click to confirm, etc.), contacts (nice way
to store all contacts, accessible from Android, Thunderbird, etc.), and
a whole lot more.

Any questions / issues, let me know, see what I can do to make this work.

rb