[kwlug-disc] home security cameras

R. Brent Clements rbclemen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 11:13:01 EDT 2022

I have played around with Motion a bit inside my home.  There are cryptic
settings to adjust the sensitivity which I have not had time to master yet,
but it is definitely triggered by curtains blowing in the wind of the air
vent affecting the natural light flowing in the room and my camera's random
refocusing triggered by low light.  It also can be configured with a mask
to limit the amount of the field that will trigger motion if that helps.
There is a web server to access the camera feed on the network.  It is not
a sophisticated tool, but it does work.

Brent