[kwlug-disc] what the rest of us were doing..

Francisco Dominguez fxdoming at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 16:56:03 EDT 2022

I had the privilege to work with some people at bell-northern- research (BNR/Northern Electric/ Nortel) back in the late 80’s / early 90’s

Many were retiring at 60 / 65… so the stories they had of how they built phone switches, computing networks, and developed with protel (precursor to C / pascal) were amazing to hear…

370’s I think were still in use when I started there… used x-edit and cocos-mail on the vm/Cms
We were ‘cutting edge’!

Francisco
fxdoming at gmail.com