[kwlug-disc] home security cameras

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Thu Aug 4 13:09:18 EDT 2022

Yeah, those packages from BestBuy, Canadian Tire, etc are very
expensive.  They know you need it, and when you need it, you need it.
Even if you use Raspberry Pi, the cost would be the same as buying retail.

Maybe, someone has come up with idea, where you use old smartphone, and
get the video feed from it.  Just mount it high and looking down.  USB
cable to power it.  And, get the video feed via USB cable or wireless.

Isn't there "hobby" group in Kitchener?  I remember going to few of
their meetings, way back when.  Ask/pay them to build something.