[kwlug-disc] Australia, warrants for data disruption, network activity and account take over

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Mon Sep 27 11:23:51 EDT 2021

>> I've just seen this about nonsense going in Australian legislature:
>> https://tutanota.com/blog/posts/australia-surveillance-bill/
>>
>> Have anyone looked at it closer? Did it go, was it slowed?
> I'm no Australia expert, but according to this, it was introduced
> in Dec 2020, and indeed passed in about 24 hours in Aug 2021.
>
> https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Bills_Legislation/Bills_Search_Results/Result?bId=r6623

I see this in the morning, and an email from the University about
Innovation Summit. And my brain captures the following:

In the first sentence they acknowledge past oppression of natives, and
in the second one oppression of today's natives follows, in arguments
for surveillance and for hostile war in a digital realm.

How is this different from speeches of Lukashenko, tyrant in Belarus,
when he will mention passed disrespect and will follow it with how now
people will be oppressed more. (Its all recorded, its 21st century.)

How is this different from speeches of Stalin and following USSR
apparatchiks? Lukashenko is essentially a perfection of that system,
nothing more.

Now, when you see someone with roots from Eastern Europe cringe when
they hear "acknowledgement about natives", you know what happens:
they've seen it already, a lot. Wolf dresses as a lamb in the first
part. And they've seen how the second part is bad for today's
"riffraff". They've may even been forced to cut ties and flee their home
land, ending up on these shores.

I am a digital native. You are a digital native, more than myself, cause
you've been here longer. You've seen even more freedom on the net, in
the digital realm.

Calling youngsters "digital natives" has the following effect:

All these new laws are for the future, yey! Future is digital, yey!
Listen to natives, how to write these laws -- sounds reasonable.

Youngsters may not even be old enough to vote. Youngster haven't lived
long enough to experience a boomerang action of the figurative "dick
pic". We did have time for those to occur even pre-internet, cause
internet isn't changing the essence of human interactions, only the
form. Yet, we are not considered digital native, we have grey hair. As a
result our voices don't have to be heard. They are doing it again:
voices of natives are ignored. They are doing it again in a new world,
digital world. They are doing it again.

I am a digital native.