[kwlug-disc] m.2 data loss?

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 18:59:06 EDT 2021

Is the device a laptop or desktop?

See, your issue sounds similar to what I had happen last month on my play
laptop --
A T470 Thinkpad, Mint Xfce 20.2, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe SSD.

I run TLP on it and thought I would be a smartypants and set TLP to do lazy
writes to the SSD after 60 seconds of drive idle(when on battery) from the
customary 2 seconds.
Well, the T470 is set to "sleep" after 15 mins of idle time and I suppose
the "sleep" sequence messed up ny install a bit. My problems were loss of
Firefox private tabs when I rebooted and occasionally having to reboot as
my cursor hangs in the upper left hand corner.

My solution was to put the TLP settings back to default and my problems
went away.
Not sure if this is in anway relevant to your issues.

Thanks,

Ron S.