[kwlug-disc] Tech policies in Canada, in light of upcoming elections

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Sat Sep 11 22:30:08 EDT 2021

There are things in tech policy, noted by eff:
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2021/08/o-no-canada-fast-moving-proposal-creates-filtering-blocking-and-reporting-rules-1
--  that sound incredibly like horrors from other countries/regimes that
people try to run away from.

Is there a summary about parties' stance, so that I direct my vote
accordingly, and do explainers to friends, family?

<rhethorical-sorry> I understand that politics is not necessarily focus
of LUG. But with people, there are no G's. And politics seem to always
find us, people. I also apologies in advance, as I am going to ask
questions at upcoming meeting. You are warned. :) I'll cut your answers
from recordings. </rhethorical-sorry>