[kwlug-disc] The Linux Foundation's 3D Game engine... still doesn't support Linux

Doug Moen doug at moens.org
Tue Oct 12 19:38:13 EDT 2021

Unity and Unreal aren't open source. So if freedom is important, I guess you'd have to compare O3DE to Godot. I don't know much about these game engines. O3DE is marketed as being for AAA cinematic games, supported by large corporations, and is apparently a way for Amazon to sell AWS services, while Godot seems to be more indie and community driven.