[kwlug-disc] ISRG Root X1 week (well, DST ROOT CA X3 expiration)

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Sun Oct 3 12:04:10 EDT 2021

I am hoping you are having a peaceful closure of this ISRG Root X1 week.

https://letsencrypt.org/docs/dst-root-ca-x3-expiration-september-2021/

This transition, giving the scale of Let'sEncrypt actual use is probably
going fine. Satellites are not falling from the sky (Oh, thank inertia
for that? oka-ay).

I want to thank Paul for bringing up our BBB server for our Monday
meeting. And may be spread found info
https://github.com/bigbluebutton/greenlight/issues/2927

I have a suspicion that many services are down because of nuances. And
issues may have, old ubuntu 16, without new certificate, or an expired
certificate's failure is not letting libs to use new cert. Certbot
flag   --preferred-chain is a news to me, while I knew from history that
Let'sEncrypt relied on several chains for introduction.