[kwlug-disc] PinePhone woes

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Nov 3 12:00:02 EDT 2021

On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 2:25 AM Paul Nijjar via kwlug-disc <
kwlug-disc at kwlug.org> wrote:

> So what I am hearing is that a Pinephone is not reliable as a daily
> phone yet, regardless of the distro you use?
>
> The Pine64 people are releasing a lot of products! It looks like
> software support is lagging behind, though.

That has been a common trend in all the China/Taiwan/Korea based boards in
the past
decade or so.

The various Raspberry Pi clones are always better hardware wise, but always
lag when
it comes to software. They release an almost working distro, and it never
gets updated.
Then they release a better board, with newer software and that stagnates
too.