[kwlug-disc] PinePhone woes

Mark Steffen mark at steffen.ca
Tue Nov 2 08:38:23 EDT 2021

I received the Manjaro edition a few months ago, it is definitely not
usable for a daily driver.  My use case was to use the built in LTE
modem, attach the dongle, and use it to run Zabbix to monitor things and
send alerts via SMS over the LTE modem.  It does seem to work ok for
that, though I had to do a custom Zabbix build as there were no aarch64
packages available.  Only issue was the dongle connector/USB-C port seem
a bit finicky.

For now I use a lineage fork for my daily driver.

Mark