[kwlug-disc] cell phone plans

Znoteer znoteer at mailbox.org
Sat May 29 15:27:13 EDT 2021

Forgot to mention...

On Sat, May 29, 2021 at 03:18:00PM -0400, Znoteer via kwlug-disc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, May 29, 2021 at 12:19:20PM -0400, CrankyOldBugger wrote:
> > It's that time of the decade when I sit down and decide that I'm paying
> > waaaay too much for mine and Wifeski's cellphone plans.
> >
> > So I humbly beseech the experts...
> >
> > What are you guys using for cell phones plans?  What's the coverage like?
> > Do you still have money left for food after you pay your monthly phone bill?

[snip]

> But, it sounds like you maybe only need a cell phone plan for your wife.
> You could port your number to voip.ms and configure the account so that all
> calls are forwarded.  If you want to continue having a laugh a cheesy text
> spam once a year, you could set up sms on the number.
>
> It would cost you (even though voip.ms is canadian they do all their
> business in USD so all prices quoted for voip.ms are in that currency, not
> CAD) I think $0.85/mo to keep the phone number in your name.  After that

One doesn't pay buy the month at voip.ms.  You start by buying a minimum $15
credit and you go until you use that up.  You can set up alerts so that when
your balance drops to a certain level, you're reminded to buy more credit
(min $15/transaction).

If you did decide to go with voip.ms, I would be happy to be known as your
referer :)  That will score me some credit.  :P

Happy analysis,

--
Znoteer
znoteer at mailbox.org