[kwlug-disc] Looking for a can shield for an UNO or compatible

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri May 14 10:35:42 EDT 2021

On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 10:30 AM Dave Cramer <davecramer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a local source for something like MakerFocus CAN-Bus Shield V1.2
> <https://www.makerfocus.com/products/makerfocus-can-bus-shield-v1-2>?
>
> Bonus points if it had GPS

Don't know about local, but I get stuff every now and then from eBay and
AliExpress.
I see that eBay shows results for "Can-Bus Shield".

Of course you have to wait for weeks, but shipping is usually free or very
cheap, and
there is no customs/brokerage hassle.

For GPS, I recently used an AGM336H module from eBay. It is very tiny, and
the antenna
is tiny too, so can fit inside the box (as I do on my telescope
controller). Works indoors,
when the U-Blox NEO-7M won't ...
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin