[kwlug-disc] laptops with Linux preinstalled

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 21:37:38 EST 2021

Wow, this is pretty comprehensive coverage of this topic Doug! Nice! I am
pinning this for future reference.

I hear you on the Thinkpad trackpads, non-stop garbage since the T40 for me
back in 2003-ish, hence my move to the Trackpoint.
This Ebayer seems legit enuff for an X1 Trackpad --
https://www.ebay.com/itm/203087964892
Mebbe worth the money at 30-ish USD?

Back on the other topic of USB-C charging, I got a note from my tech guy
yesterday about this:
https://voltacharger.com/products/magnetic-adapter-2-0
He heard me whining about the USB-C issue and found this and since it looks
real nice, I have 10 kits coming to me whenever DHL gets it to me from
Australia. If they are are as good as Reddit folks claim, well, this
becomes a standard item included with any USB-C-charged item we do as long
as the PD requirements are 65W or less.

What do you think of this mag thing, Doug? Seems like a right smart add-on
for anything USB-C-Charged.

Thanks,

Ron S.