[kwlug-disc] Securely wiping zip disks?

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 14:49:21 EDT 2021

It's an external USB 2.0 250MB capacity drive. We have 1 or 2 of the 250MB
disks, but for this run I'm just doing 100MB disks.

I'm surprised you had success with nwipe for the zip drive Jeff as the disk
I had actually appeared to only have the original zip tools on it... But as
an org I figured we needed to go 1 step further and ensure there was
nothing. Might give it a go again if I can dig up an internal drive... I
have lots of boxes to sort, I'm sure we probably have something...
(actually came across a 230MB SCSI optical storage device)..