[kwlug-disc] GMail, profile photo, and privacy: HOW'd it DO that?!?

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Thu Jan 21 17:46:48 EST 2021

> Google's Neural Network is smart in some cases, and stupid in others.
>
> In a bygone era, a family member would travel, and email the others
> their itinerary from whatever booking site they used. Others in the
> household would then get alerts on their phone: reminder for flights
> and weather in the destination city.
>
> It can't tell the difference between the person traveling and others
> that have received the itinerary in their inbox.
>
> Happened several times over a couple of years, so not just a one time
> glitch.

Is there a catalog of such events documented.

Some of us have to find verbally concise and emotionally touching,
evidence supported reasons to why someone should care about privacy.
(Damn tilted PR field.) For example, I have to remember these actual
"biblical stories". I can --help for git to recall nuances. But where
can I find these human stories?