[kwlug-disc] GMail, profile photo, and privacy: HOW'd it DO that?!?

Ronald Barnes ron at ronaldbarnes.ca
Thu Jan 21 14:38:58 EST 2021

Mikalai Birukou via kwlug-disc wrote on 2021-01-21 8:09 a.m.:

> - Have your parents ever emailed to your quoted address from their
> google phone, or may be even their gmail account?

Yes.

> - Have your parents ever gave your address to someone else, relative,
> friend, "possible help with computer needed"?

Possibly.

Yet neither situation makes sense to pull their profile pic in as mine.

Might as well select a profile pic at random, at least it's more likely
to be a single person in the photo.

It seems there's either a big bug or a huge privacy invasion has been
uncovered here, and I just don't know what to do to get it "out there"
to a wider discussion where it can blow up or be explained.