[kwlug-disc] Single desktop of several devices -- does it exist?

Hubert Chathi hubert at uhoreg.ca
Tue Jan 19 14:46:26 EST 2021

On Tue, 19 Jan 2021 13:15:10 -0500, John Sellens <jsellens at syonex.com> said:

> I've used (and paid a modest amount for) Synergy for years, but I
> don't know that it's available for Raspberry Pi. I currently use it on
> Intel/linux, MacOS (and Windows).  https://symless.com/synergy

I used synergy too, a long time ago, and it worked pretty well.  It used
to be fully open source (and was even in Debian, until stretch), but it
looks like they've close-sourced part of it.  I just found out from its
wikipedia page[1] that there's an open-source fork of called Barrier[2],
which is in Debian (package name: barrier), so it's probably available
in Raspbian too.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synergy_(software)
[2] https://github.com/debauchee/barrier/