[kwlug-disc] Single desktop of several devices -- does it exist?

Gary Walsh gwalsh at notw.ca
Tue Jan 19 14:14:09 EST 2021

On Tuesday, January 19, 2021 12:52:25 P.M. EST Mikalai Birukou via kwlug-disc
wrote:
> I wonder if the following ever was created.
>
> I put two devices next to each other, let's say pi's, each with a
> screen. Some settings latter, user can move mouse from one physical
> screen two another, and depending on the mouse location, keyboard events
> are sent to respective device.
>
> Have you seen anything to support this user experience of seemingly
> going from one actual desktop machine to another, as if two screens are
> attached to one device (we don't move windows, as it assumes move of
> process from one device to another, yet).

The Logitech Ergo K860 Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard with USB unifying reciever
allows you to switch between 3 computers. You have to have a unifying receiver
on each computer. You can also connect a Logitech unifying enabled mouse to
switch at the same time. You can also get a monitor with multiple inputs and
switch between computers with a button on the monitor instead of having
separate monitors. I do this with two computers.

--
Gary