[kwlug-disc] Problem with Linux Mint 20 Automounting Drives

John Driezen jdriezen at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 12 20:08:12 EST 2021

I am having a problem with Linux Mint 20. It is booting fine, and works
fine but will not automount usb thumb drives.  The desktop shows 4
drives: efi, root filesystem, and my two hard drives by uuid name as
shown in the first picture.

When I first installed Linux Mint 20, the desktop booted and showed just
the two hard drives, a 1 TB volume and a 2 TB volume shown in the second
picture.  Automounting thumb drives and audio cds worked just fine.
Occasionally I can boot to this state. I would like to always boot to
this state.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?  I'm at a loss to explain or
resolve this issue.  The issue has persisted across multiple kernel
updates.  I have subsequently upgraded to Linux Mint 20.1 as well.  More
detailed system information can be given.  This issue is a minor
annoyance, but nothing game breaking.

John Driezen

jdriezen at sympatico.ca