[kwlug-disc] Two plugs for other groups

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Thu Feb 18 12:35:59 EST 2021

I am going to plug two other groups that I think are pretty great. One
of those groups could really use a few more attendees.

GPUG is the local PHP user group. PHP is not my favourite technology,
but the group has a really good dynamic and they talk about
interesting things. This month they will talk about doing PHP
development in the Windows Subsystem for Linux.

https://www.meetup.com/_GPUG_/events/276438691

The Agilicus tech talks used to be known as the Chautauqua. Basically
it is Don Bowman and his incredibly smart friends/coworkers discussing
cloud topics. Don did an interesting talk on using Mozilla SOPS to
securely store secrets that you can check into Git (!).

There are no meetups scheduled now, but you can subscribe to the feed
or join the announcement list here: https://www.agilicus.com/event/

There are other good groups in the region too, but I can't plug them
because I have run out of plugs.

- Paul

--
Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org