[kwlug-disc] Taking the Pine Phone plunge

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Tue Feb 2 23:02:36 EST 2021

Stephen's presentation was pretty enlightening on this front. He has
been using a PinePhone as his main phone since July.

- The battery life is not great for him (5 hours or so) but he is
  trapped inside so he does not care
- He does not use SMS or voice calls, but says that it is probably
  working for other people
- There are a couple of distros that are looking promising enough for
  nerds to use them, but are probably not consumer-ready yet.
- There is a good amount of effort going into developing software for
  these Linux phones, which is encouraging.

I think some of the issue has to do with your definitions of "fully
fuctional" and "stable".

I am totally interested in Brent's impressions too.

- Paul

Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org
Blog: http://pnijjar.freeshell.org