[kwlug-disc] Naming of apps, RE: Riot -> Element

Jonathan Poole jpoole at digitaljedi.ca
Tue Feb 2 19:59:36 EST 2021

Reminds me of kik. Someone had some JavaScript library (if memory strikes correct,rarely does, I blame rum) and kik (a tech startup in Waterloo) had a legal
Team go and sick the meat hooks into some
Poor open source developer forcing him to rename his library wrecking havoc on the internet’s because even kik used the damn library and forcing some css page display issues defacing the internet’s. I had a chuckle but deep inside made me hate lawyers more than I do now.

Sent from my iPhone