[kwlug-disc] Ecobee thermostat with Home Assistant

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Dec 7 15:52:14 EST 2021

On Tue, Dec 7, 2021 at 3:48 PM Colin Mackay <zixiekat at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have an Ecobee and signed up for the account online and use
> the 'developer' API to interface with it via the 'cloud'.
>
> I have never used the HomeKit controller integration, but now I'm looking
> into it.  I do very much prefer to have everything local!

The HomeKit Controller integration works.
I forgot the steps I did, but the Ecobee displays a code that you have to
enter in Home Assistant.
(or was it the other way around?)
Either way, that is about all there is to it.

I noted that one time, the Ecobee stopped updating the temperature/humidity
to Home Assistant.
Restarted Home Assistant and the problem never showed up again.