[kwlug-disc] Fw: Raspberry pi 4

Mark Steffen mark at steffen.ca
Tue Dec 7 11:16:25 EST 2021

Francisco,

Depending on the use case (you're looking for a lot so I might presume
you are wanting to build a cluster?)

Consider hardkernel.com's N2+ (4GB RAM, and an ARM64 SOC that
outperforms the Pi4 by a good margin), or pine64's new Quartz boards
that come in up to 8GB of RAM and should perform on par with the Pi4 or
slightly better, bonus, has a PCIe slot for adding an NVME expander
board, additional ethernet port, or whatever.

If using Pi4 for cluster, might want to hold off for the Turing 2 board
to come out (supports up to 4 Pi4 CM4 modules) and someone else is
working on Pi4 CM4 blades that have integrated POE and M.2 2280 slot.

I have a couple of the N2+ and they are amazing.

Mark