[kwlug-disc] Linus Tech Tips tries Linux as daily driver

Ronald Barnes ron at ronaldbarnes.ca
Mon Dec 6 16:07:10 EST 2021

CrankyOldBugger wrote on 2021-12-06 7:26 a.m.:

> This series of videos was both funny and frightening....  I don't
> remember seeing anyone having so many problems with a simple OS install.

Yeah...

Apparently several patches have been issued by various orgs to mitigate
some of the issues he had.

When I saw they were doing this challenge, I was thrilled.

When I saw they were starting with gaming, I was very apprehensive.

Still think gaming should have been further along in the process so they
were more comfortable with their chosen environments.

One thing I vehemently disagreed with was the commentary saying that
Linux needs to be more like Windows if it wants more uptake.

NO!  That presumes Windows is doing things right. Maybe there are places
where it is, but generally I disagree.

Analogy: I'm trying to learn a bit of Cantonese.  If I suggested that
tones indicate emphasis and not entirely different words, and Chinese
should be more like English in that regard, ... not going to be acceptable.