[kwlug-disc] Thoughts in anticipation of container talk

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Sat Aug 28 09:25:37 EDT 2021

>> With Docker Swarm I can't look inside.

>> I thought docker was open source?

Ups. I meant there is a nice external exposed UI without a need to
source-dive. I'll source-dive for a hack to make it work now, and then,
may be. But for choosing a long-used subsystem, thinking about
coworkers, you tend to look for external surfaces that will be there for
a long time, and will be supported in docs.

Sometimes I think about tweaking someone else's code like doing
something on engine that works. If the result is a patch, like mechanics
do, than its ok. If I think about getting bubble from under the hood on
a switch between 3rd and 4th gear -- that may not necessarily yield a
stable long term experience :) .