[kwlug-disc] Unattended upgrades - what is your experience and attitude

jason.eckert jason.eckert at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 08:40:42 EDT 2021

I've never hsd a problem with it either.And while I don't do it today, I've used apt-mark to exclude any packages from auto upgrading successfully in the past.Sent from my Samsung device running Android (basically Linux in drag)
-------- Original message --------From: Chris Frey <cdfrey at foursquare.net> Date: 2021-08-08  05:39  (GMT-05:00) To: KWLUG discussion <kwlug-disc at kwlug.org> Subject: Re: [kwlug-disc] Unattended upgrades - what is your experience and attitude On Sun, Aug 08, 2021 at 12:07:49AM -0400, Mikalai Birukou via kwlug-disc wrote:> Do you use unattended upgrades? If yes, was it always ok? If no, what is> your approach instead.I use it.  Never had a problem with it, and the default installhas sane configurations.  So far, it's been win-win.It does not upgrade everything, so you do need to periodically upgrademanually, but for things like a webserver bug on a public facingserver, usually the critical stuff has already been installed andrunning for some time before I get there.> Asking after cleaning up after unattended apt upgrade of docker.io.I use the upstream docker-ce repos, which do not automatically upgrade.Docker has enough moving parts that I like to do upgrades on a testmachine before things go live on production.What happened with docker.io?- Chris_______________________________________________kwlug-disc mailing listkwlug-disc at kwlug.orghttps://kwlug.org/mailman/listinfo/kwlug-disc_kwlug.org