[kwlug-disc] Unattended upgrades - what is your experience and attitude

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sun Aug 8 00:20:27 EDT 2021

For most end users using the official Debian/Ubuntu repos I trust
unattended upgrades. For third-party repos not so much.

Sometimes things break, but the tradeoff with getting prompt security
updates wins for me.

Hypocritically, on my own netbook I do not have unattended upgrades
enabled, but I am strongly considering it.

- Paul

Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org
Housing: https://unionsd.coop
Blog: http://pnijjar.freeshell.org