[kwlug-disc] RMS talk hosted by UW CSC tomorrow

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Fri Nov 27 20:49:39 EST 2020

>> I want to see UofW administrators to start motion to move Canada away from
>> monarchy. Nothing less. Seriously.
> Settle down.  Railing against various forms of government is unproductive,
> and won't fix the problem.  The magic labels of "republic" or "democracy"
> don't make the people involved any better.  Just look south to see that.
>
> Let bad people pay for their own bad acts, and let's not distract ourselves
> by attacking the mere government role.

My point is that vogue folks are not attacking the powerful of this
world, aka the prince, aka rep of the Crown. One may say that stalemate
with lawyers around prince Andrew is not letting the right thing to
happen, letting the powerful of the hook, yet again. I suggest that
Canadian institution actually has a possible move in a seeming stalemate.

And when instead Canadian institution exerts its power on someone who
brought freedoms to our own people, we should call out hypocrisy. Don't
settle down.