[kwlug-disc] Maintained distro for very old CPUs

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Mon May 25 14:13:25 EDT 2020

Honestly, I am kind of done with OpenWRT, but it might be worth a
shot.

Most of the distros on that page are either dead or have failed the
"not updated since..." test. Zeroshell is an exception, but I actually
want a distro with a shell.

The best resource I have found so far appears to be this:
https://retrocomputing.stackexchange.com/questions/1811/which-linux-or-bsd-distributions-do-still-support-i386-i486-or-i586-cpus

The Linux kernel dropped support for i386 in version 3.7. It is not
clear to me whether this extends to i486.

- Paul

Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org
Blog: http://pnijjar.freeshell.org