[kwlug-disc] BigBlueButton phone bridge

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri May 22 02:48:58 EDT 2020

I would like to set up a phone bridge for the webconference.kwlug.org
BigBlueButton server. This requires a phone number that makes a SIP
call into the BBB server.

For our workplace BBB server I was able to convince work to pay for a
VoIP.ms DID, but I won't be able to pull that trick for the KWLUG
server. We do have one KWLUG member who has very slow Internet and
would like to connect by phone.

I am thinking that nobody gives away phone bridges for free. Is this
correct? If so, do we have any willingness to fundraise for this
service? Does anybody have a VoIP DID they could donate? The twist is
that a few other groups have also been using the KWLUG BBB server, so
some of them might also be connecting by phone.

- Paul

--
Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org
Blog: http://pnijjar.freeshell.org