[kwlug-disc] BigBlueButton, Greenlight in LXC

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Wed Mar 18 11:11:17 EDT 2020

Browsing install script, Ctrl-F for word docker suggests that Greenlight
is installed as docker container. Greenlight will need docker. Docker in
LXC used to work for me in some form.
https://stgraber.org/2016/04/13/lxd-2-0-docker-in-lxd-712/

Launch command should have " -c security.nesting=true ". This can be set
via command " lxc config set docker security.privileged true " (restart
container afterwards).

If nesting doesn't help, option " -c security.privileged=true "
de-activates the user namespace and will run the container in privileged
mode. Essentially this removes any security gain from a container
isolation, but still keeps sane housekeeping. I think either one of
these settings should be used, but never both at the same time.

On 2020-03-18 10:29 a.m., Mikalai Birukou via kwlug-disc wrote:
> BigBlueButton.
>
> Page of BBB https://bigbluebutton.org/2020/03/11/bigbluebutton-22/ has
> at the bottom a link to install script
> https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bbb-install Boy, this is extensive.
> Just check command options
> https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bbb-install#command-options
>
> You can ask it to get new certs, or direct to use existing ones.
>
> You can add a TURN server (coturn).
>
> You can add Greenlight for BBB
> https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bbb-install#install-greenlight
>

> Case for LXC.
>
> It seems like a very thorough install of gitlab that installs a whole
> kitchen: here is a sink, here is a stove, and here are your custom
> whatever. For one's own sanity, do this in LXC, as it can contain a
> whole system most efficiently.
>
> Since BBB needs Ubuntu 16.04, " lxc launch ubuntu:16.04 ...<other
> params> "

Mikalai Birukou
CEO | 3NSoft Inc.