[kwlug-disc] FLOSS-friendly, usable webconferencing

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 12:30:51 EDT 2020

My daughter's at UW and my son's at UG, both are off for a week, and o nthe
23rd will be able to be back on campus expect for the face-face sort of
classes -- the issues is ALL their classes/labs are face-face!

My kids' solution is to take what the Unis offer up for remote class
participation and augment that with Facebook/Discord discussions with
classmates.

My daughter came up with the idea of using Zoom to do full-on via video
participation after "classes" with her mates and I expect that will be very
successful as it is a real popular platform for this sort of thing, albeit,
not FLOSS.

FWIW.

Thanks,

Ron Singh