[kwlug-disc] Recording physical events, follow up after OBS+Kdenlive talk

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Tue Jul 7 10:23:27 EDT 2020

To capture physical meetings, when they resume, can we have a machine
that runs OBS with 3-4 inputs?

  1) presenter's laptop video out, whatever goes onto projector.

  2) presenter's laptop audio out, for those rare instances.

  3) presenter's microphone and microphones in the room for questions.

  4) some webcam to have little physical presence frame.

In a professional setting, I guess, these may be recorded into separate
streams, and later synchronized to produce result.

For simplicity of our situation, IMHO, the easiest thing is to just have
OBS machine producing scene and adjusting it as meeting progresses. The
only post-production activity will be cutting some segments, which, for
example, I do now with recorded virtual meetings.

We want presenters to have their machines as intact as possible. This
suggests that may be we want to find way to capture VGA/HDMI that is
later sent to projector. Is this possible?

Some duckduck-ing:

-
https://next-hack.com/index.php/2020/06/11/a-20-vga-to-usb-capture-system-and-more/

-