[kwlug-disc] Maker Expo fundraiser

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Feb 22 13:57:00 EST 2020

It seems that our friends at Maker Expo need some additional money to
put on the event this year. They are holding a fundraiser. If nothing
else it is interesting to see the breakdown of how much this event
costs:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/2020-maker-expo

I know I have been promoting expensive things lately but I have a soft
spot in my cold unfeeling heart for these kinds of grassroots events.
This really seems in the spirit of FLOSS to me.

(Kwartzlab people: have you posted this on your discussion list? I did
not see it there.)

If somebody is planning to contribute to this and is willing to let me
piggyback off their donation please contact me offlist.

- Paul

--
Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org
Blog: http://pnijjar.freeshell.org