[kwlug-disc] Encrypted disk vs Encrypted Home

Hubert Chathi hubert at uhoreg.ca
Thu Apr 23 22:16:47 EDT 2020

CloudFlare had an interesting blog post about some of the work they're
doing to improve performance of hard drive encryption:
https://blog.cloudflare.com/speeding-up-linux-disk-encryption/

One of the results of their investigation is that the kernel may not be
using hardware-accelerated encryption, even if it's available.

They're working on upstreaming their changes, but I don't know how much
(if any) is in yet.  But it may be worth trying a newer kernel if
possible.