[kwlug-disc] Avoiding Infection ...

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sun Apr 19 14:52:34 EDT 2020

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 2:42 PM Paul Nijjar via kwlug-disc <
kwlug-disc at kwlug.org> wrote:

> If people are feeling this conversation to be offputting for
> kwlug-disc, contact me offlist (paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca) and I will see
> what is reasonable to do. I want to keep the community strong by
> allowing discussion between members (who have formed relationships
> that go beyond strict FLOSS), but I also want to keep the community
> strong by not scaring people away any more than is necessary. There is
> a tension here.

If Paul (as the cabal representative), or some on this group think this is
off
topic, I don't mind that this thread be stopped right here.

> P.S. If you wear gloves/masks to the grocery store don't take them off
> and dump them in the parking lot for underpaid cleaning staff to
> dispose of. Bring a quarantine bag, put them in there, and take them
> home to put in your own garbage. Honestly, people.

A glove pair is used for only one day's worth of trips.

They are NEVER discarded in the parking lot.
It goes on the car floor, then is discarded at home.

Back to tech, somewhat, there was a discussion between me and my
wife on whether self checkout is safer or cashier checkout. Her view is
that the self checkout are disinfected between customers (at least at
Zehrs Beechwood), and therefore it is better.

My view is that it is all the same, since various items were stacked on
shelves by humans, making them suspect. The definitive solution (as far
as research papers say), is to quarantine items for 72 hours (hence the
home box or basement  quarantine).
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.