[kwlug-disc] FAANG-free list

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 10:42:55 EDT 2020

Nice blog post, Paul.  I had never used the word "antediluvian" before,
which is a bit of an embarrassment for me!  I will endeavour to work
"antediluvian" into future conversations with my wife...

I agree that we need to get these characters out of our lives, but that
it's difficult.  Currently I am Facebook-free, preferring instead a mix of
Mastodon and MeWe (and I may drop MeWe soon as it's getting annoying), and
I use DuckDuckGo instead of Google search.  The number of strange cars in
front of my house has increased, but my browsing seems to be safer to me.

I still have active gmail and outlook email accounts, though..  I don't
trust myself to make an email account on my own servers yet as my email
admin skills are lacking..