[kwlug-disc] Dumb MySQL question

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri Apr 3 16:02:13 EDT 2020

Using an md5 hash is not enough. But it probably worked because older
versions of Drupal used plain md5 hashes.

The current hashing scheme is salted
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_(cryptography)>, and that is what is
now stored after
you changed the password from the web site itself.

Using the password script I detailed before avoids having to do it in 2
steps.