[kwlug-disc] Mailing list weirdness?

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Sat Mar 30 11:59:17 EDT 2019

About securing email. May be related to current glitches, may be not.

I have SPF set pointing to servers that server 3nsoft.com's mail. And I
don't have DMARC set. Message forwarding is broken in this setting. I'll
send an email to some university, and get a reply with someone's
personal gmail address in an error response.

My provider 101domains (good for domains) suggested an upgrade fo me to
have DMARC. Or, was I talking to wrong agent?

But without a modicum of authenticity, which SPF gives, spammers flood
everyone else with messages coming supposedly from your servers.

On 2019-03-29 11:20 p.m., Paul Nijjar wrote:
> What's going on?
>
> On Yahoo: I am getting nothing. I missed a bunch of messages
> yesterday.
>
> On this account (UW, which I think is Microsoft): I got Khalid's
> response, but not Mikalai's.
>
> If you want to see whether you missed messages, you can see the list
> Mailman thinks it knows about here:
>
> https://kwlug.org/mailman/private/kwlug-disc_kwlug.org/2019-March/thread.html
>
> Maybe this will fix itself over the next couple of days. I hope so?
> These hiccups happen.
>
> - Paul
>
> On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 11:05:12PM -0400, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
>> I got it, time stamped 5:58 pm.
>>
>> Not using a Yahoo address, but rather a Gmail one.
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 11:01 PM Mikalai Birukou via kwlug-disc <
>> kwlug-disc at kwlug.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Nothing around 6pm, on non-yahoo, non-gmail address.

>>> --
>>> Mikalai Birukou
>>> CEO | 3NSoft Inc.

>> --
>> Khalid M. Baheyeldin
>> 2bits.com, Inc.
>> Fast Reliable Drupal
>> Drupal optimization, development, customization and consulting.
>> Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability. -- Edsger W.Dijkstra
>> Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. -- anonymous

Mikalai Birukou
CEO | 3NSoft Inc.