[kwlug-disc] Messing up site database (mysql)

John Sellens jsellens at syonex.com
Mon Jan 28 09:37:40 EST 2019

I believe that the password is per-user, not per-database.

So if 'somepassword' is not the same as the existing, you
will likely block access to the other database.

If the user already exists, consider
    grant all on database.* to 'user';

Often you will want to limit source IP addresses as well,
especially if your database is open to the world.

You might also consider one user per database, and
one database per user.

Hope that helps! (Hope I'm not mis-remembering!)

John