[kwlug-disc] presentation questions

tomg at sentex.ca tomg at sentex.ca
Sat Jan 26 00:37:54 EST 2019

To LUG,

Okay.

Thanks to Khalid, Erik, Hubert, especially Paul, Charles, Colin, and
Chamunks for your replies.

Hubert, yes, Linux Mint Debian Edition 3 has all the Debian Stretch
packages, and it's a good thing you mentioned that you tried a bunch
and most didn't seem to work.  This has been my experience so far too.

Especially Gtk-recordmydesktop hardly worked at all.  Not sure why it
has such a high rating on LM community.  SimpleScreenRecorder seems to
work very well, encodes into Ogg formats/codecs, and also records audio.
I think my search is over.

Thanks for letting me know about archive.org and Ghoerghe, Paul.  I
think that's everything for now.

I've already made a PDF but I'm still practicing trying to show things
on the screen, but I have a month so I think I can get most of it done.

Tom