[kwlug-disc] presentation questions

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed Jan 16 23:16:03 EST 2019

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 06:42:28PM -0500, tomg at sentex.ca wrote:

> Instead of being visually recorded, I would like to record my
> display when I present Linux Mint, and then edit it and line it
> up to the audio later.  Are there any recommendations other than
> Gtk-recordmydesktop (which is my default option)?  Also, has anyone
> done this before and how did it work out?

That is fine. Gheorghe records video on his own accord; it is not done
on an official KWLUG capacity. But he is okay if people do not want to
be videotaped.

> I am willing to licence my presentation under the CC licence you
> guys normally use.  Is that necessary?

It is nice if the audio is released under the usual CC license. You
can do what you would like with the video.

> I guess I'll try and use Openshot to edit the video later, although
> I hear it's not that great yet.  I guess archive.org will host the
> video too, in a FOSS-friendly format or two.

Yes. You can upload to archive.org yourself, or I can do it with my
account.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org